Monday, April 4, 2016

I got a cb radio

Hey all my blog readers of Kyle's Free Space what's up so today I'm blogging about CB radio also known as Citizen Band. Cb has mostly 40 channels and operates from 26.965 MHz to 27.405 MHz. The FCC wont let you go past that because then your entering ham radio bands which required a license for that. So my CB is a Cherokee CBS 500 CB base station it has 40 channels like we talked about. I use only 19 and 6 for now. I went to Walmart and bought a cheap antenna everyone said it is crap because it picks up signals when it wants to. I did talked skip to a guy in the southern part of the Bahamas that is 1,528 miles from me. I went on there and asked (Hey Breaker 6 Breaker 6 can I can a radio check?) I got a response of (Yea 10-4 your red metering my radio from the Bahamas copy?) I replied (10-4 Bahamas I got you loud and clear 73's. Which is radio term for good bye on the airwaves.

 I am going to buy a whole lot better antenna because this one works when it wants to but maybe it will work during the time I transmitted and bounced signals of the ionosphere. I talked to a couple folks in Georgia, Kentucky and one from out of country which is the Bahamas. Ham Radio does the same thing but with no channels just frequencies and a licensed operator I like talking on the CB its fun I am hoping when I get a better antenna I could talk around to people in my town and some truck drivers on the highway. Possibly some skips which is what I did to talk to the guy in the Bahamas and the other states.

CB not a lot of people use them except truck drivers and other people that have interest in them. Most people who have ham radios have CB radios just don't use them anymore. I am still doing my ham radio stuff all there is left is to pass the test which is hard to do don't want to talk about that today maybe some other time. So CB a very fun hobby it is Inexpensive and Expensive you can get a car setup for around 200 depends if you decided to go with good branded equipment they got $40 dollar cb's at Walmart and the antenna I have the radio is not that bad its pretty good from what I have
heard.

Alright everyone this is going to be it for today. This is just a post I threw together of some stuff I know no one will read this lol. Alright everyone have a good day hope you enjoyed this and if you need some help learning about CB or Ham Radio comment on the post. I doubt anyone will but that's ok oh one more thing is my handle on the CB is AIRWAVE  {Alpha {India {Romeo{ Wiskey{ Alpha Victor{ Eco.


No comments:

Post a Comment