Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Welding

Hey all my blog readers of Kyle's Free Space what's up???. So today I'm going to be blogging about welding in case you don't know what that is I'm not a whole lot interested in writing a book about welding. There are many forms online you can find information. Alright so I'm going to be writing about my welding experience. So my dad Is a pro welder knows everything there is to know about it. I asked him if he could teach me I have had some torch welding experience in the past but that's totally different. For Christmas my dad purchased me a welding helmet I finally got to use it this past Sunday. He put together the welding machine we gathered all our scrap metal and got welding!

He first showed me the important measures of safety of welding because it can lead to serious injuries and possibly death. He told me that I need to protect every inch of my body I wore a nice jacked, some old jeans and shoes of course. I did have my welding helmet and welding gloves on you have to wear a helmet because the sparks from the welding will make you blind or have very bad vision so always have protection. My dad allowed me to attach my GoPro to my helmet so I could have the first person welders view which was incredible. I am also going to explain 3 types of welding alright so I will be making a little list and paragraph below about certain types of welding.

1. There is GMAW welding also known as MIG welding, MIG welding is the most commonly mastered welding. MIG welding is used for industry welding and house use. MIG means (Metal Inert Gas)

2. TIG welding Is the hardest type of welding it takes so much skill to do. It is totally different from MIG welding to TAC welding.  TIG means (Tungsten Inter Gas)

3 Stick Welding is also known as Shielded metal arc (SMAW) is one of the easiest type of welding. I did MIG welding with my dad. It is pretty fun but it is dangerous

What I mean about dangerous is that I burned my self I picked up metal by accident without my gloves on. That was my own mistake but I wont do that again. I have to say welding is not for everyone it is uncomfortable at times. The possessing does kind of move your body in funny ways. Any real welder will have a story about either burning them self of doing something stupid. Well this is going to be it for today so have a good one and Keep Welding.

No comments:

Post a Comment